Picture it - the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and you’re relaxing on the balcony with a lovely lady. She tells you how much she’d love a drink, so you gladly oblige and return with… A couple of beers? 😕 Not to say she won't drink it, but where’s the wow factor? Where’s the artful masculinity?
Let’s rewind, and change the story a bit. This time your thirsty visitor asks for a drink, you invite her in and masterfully whip up a cool concoction. After a strong shake, you pour the drink into a fine glass, and encourage her to drink up 👅 Needless to say these Spring twists on classic cocktails would leave anyone wanting more.
#1. Jalapeno Mint Julep
3 oz. kentucky bourbon
1/2 c. chopped jalapenos
1 c. sugar
5-6 mint leaves
1 tsp. sugar
1. In a small saucepan over high heat, combine 1 cup water, sugar, and jalapeños. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and let steep 20 minutes.
Strain syrup, discard jalapeños, and cool syrup.
2. Pour Jalapeño Simple Syrup and add mint; gently bruise leaves with a muddler or wooden spoon. Add enough crushed ice to fill two-thirds of the cup. Add bourbon and stir gently; then add a bit more crushed ice. Top with a splash of club soda. Garnish with mint sprig and jalapeño.
#2. The Mule Refresher
8 Thinly sliced pieces of cucumber
6 Mint leaves plus a whole sprig for garnish
2 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Fresh squeezed lime juice
1/2 c. Ginger beer
1. Put the berries, the cucumber and mint in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle until you have a thick, juicy pulp.
2. Add one handful of ice, the vodka and the lime.
3. Shake well, for at least 30 seconds.
4. Put a handful of ice in your copper mug.
5. Strain your cocktail into the mug.
6. Pour the ginger beer on top.
7. Add remaining ice as desired.
8. Garnish with your mint sprig.
#3. Tequila-Thyme Lemonade
3 thyme sprigs
1 tsp. superfine sugar
2 lemon wedges
3 ounces silver tequila
1 ounce cold water
1. Muddle thyme sprigs with superfine sugar and lemon wedges in a glass.
2. Add silver tequila, cold water, and ice. Stir.
#4. Rum Old Fashioned
2 ounces spiced rum
2 dashes angostura bitters
2 dashes orange bitters
1 dash simple syrup
1. Combine rum, bitters and syrup in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add ice and stir for 20 seconds.
3. Strain into a chilled rocks glass and garnish with an orange twist.
Any of these creative cocktails will set the mood. Now its just up to you to be a cool, refreshing, thirst-quencher just like these beverages. Try starting your routine with Maverick Unique Pheromone Blend Soap!
Get 20% off your entire purchase NOW 👇 Click below